Human Resources Manager
The Company: A manufacturer of custom aluminum extrusions. The Company is positioned for growth with extensive R&D capabilities, a global customer base, and manufacturing plants throughout the world.
The Culture: The organization operates internally as a collaborative unit that openly engages the input and perspective of employees within the organization irrespective of Job Title, Job Grade, Job Description, or Subject Matter Expertise.
The Opportunity: This is the opportunity to join an organization where the business enterprise not only values the HR function, but is passionate about the importance of people to the company’s success.
It is expected that the HR leader is financially and commercially proficient in driving key outcomes and overall business success. The HR leader must bring passion and energy to their work each day and as a key leader in the organization, the HR Leader must inspire top talent to do great work.
This role is a single site location role supporting over 150 employees, with a direct reporting relationship to the General Manager and a functional reporting relationship to the Vice President of Human Resources.
For this role, we are seeking a talented HR professional who can provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of human resources management including Employee Relations, Organization Design, Talent Acquisition, Labor Relations and all functional HR roles.
- 8 to 15+ years of increasingly responsible leadership experience in the Human Resources field.
- Experience in manufacturing, hospitality, retail, entertainment or other business to business environment is ideal, with prior experience in management consulting highly valued.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree highly preferred. SPHR certification is a plus.
- Prior experience negotiating union contracts and/or managing a union workforce is highly preferred.
- Professional expertise in the development and/or implementation of programs in key areas of human resource management, including organizational and cultural development, performance management, succession planning, talent acquisition and employee engagement.
- Experience in business environments characterized by challenging economic conditions and/or rapid change of particular importance.
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills, a proven track record in the management of complex issues in changing environments, and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Participate with the leadership team in the formulation and implementation of business growth and performance strategies.
- Contribute to the short and long term strategies of the organization through a review of business requirements, and lead the development of a responsive, integrated human resources program that is in alignment with those requirements.
- Establish an effective communications platform that will foster understanding and alignment across the workforce of the business objectives and the achievement of required results. Ensure effective engagement with department heads and consistent flow of information in both directions.
- Consistently update and review management and organizational development programs, including performance management and succession plans that correspond to the strategies and objectives of the business.
- Ensure that the management team is aligned and focused on consistent business goals as defined through set business strategies.
- Drive the Talent Acquisition process and ensure that the best talent is sourced, recruited and on boarded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as the catalyst in the promotion and development of an environment that recognizes and rewards creative and innovative thinking and actions, particularly with regard to overall business performance.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Provide one-on-one coaching to management to help resolve problems, strengthen their management skills, and solidify cultural values.
- Ensure that each team member clearly understands and is held accountable for their respective performance expectations. Evaluate partner performance and provide appropriate guidance and/or recognition.
- Monitor meaningful metrics to track the effectiveness of employee relations interventions on turnover, retention, supervisory feedback scores and employee morale surveys.
- Establish credibility with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable national, state, and local employee relations regulations and laws on an optimal cost basis.
- Develop and serve as the primary company subject matter expert in Collective Bargaining.
- Effectively manage Labor Relations matters during all 1st, 2nd, 3rd stage grievance proceedings and arbitrations.
- Active participation within the business community, trade organizations, and affinity groups as an External Affairs liaison of the company.
The position in located in Southeast U.S.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.