The Software Engineer works individually and within teams to analyze needs, determine requirements, develop applications, and maintain or extend applications to support the information technology of business and operational users at PRA. Software Engineers focus on developing, extending, and integrating solutions using primarily Microsoft, Java, Salesforce.com and Oracle technologies. They utilize a system development life cycle methodology and PRA standard operating procedures to deliver high-quality technology solutions to PRA’s clients, departments, and users.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to PRA’s information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
- Participates in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
- Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
- Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
- Provides training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users
- Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
- Act as a technical lead for a project, providing guidance on technical issues and design issues and mentor junior team members.
- 6+ years software development with Java.
- Knowledge of common JEE design patterns
- Mastery level knowledge of SOA frameworks, and web services integration via SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery, WSDL, JMS Apache Axis etc.
- Preferred experience with Mule ESB and API development
- Working knowledge of force.com and SSO/SAML2.0 is a plus
- Working knowledge of continuous integration technologies (Maven and Jenkins)
- Direct Experience with one or more JEE and/or Simple Web Containers like Tomcat
- Proficient with Oracle RDBMS, JEE and related technologies
- BS in computer science or equivalent or working towards a BS degree
- MS in computer science or equivalent preferred.