STRATA MVPD follows an Agile Scrum methodology with performance test engineers supporting multiple AGILE teams to deliver high value products in a timely manner.
The Performance Test Engineer reports to the MVPD Performance Testing Team Technical Lead and/or MVPD Director of Development, and is responsible for Performance Testing and validation of software products developed and implemented by the Development teams. The role is an intermediate level, hands-on position located in the Chicago Headquarters that will serve as a contributing member of one of the MVPD agile teams, and work closely with the MVPD QA team. The ideal candidate must have intermediate level experience in using of HP Performance Center and either.Net Diagnostic tool and/or HP Site Scope for network analysis of the environment. The Performance Test Engineer must demonstrate good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English. The ideal candidate must also be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of Software Product Development Life Cycle and Performance Testing practices
- Acquire Service Level Agreements (SLAs) from clients for performance testing purposes.
- Develop and maintain Performance Testing test plans, business processes, test data, test scenarios, and other Performance testing related documentations.
- Role-owns, and is accountable for identifying critical performance issues prior to product release to the corresponding SCRUM team, MVPD Lead Architect, MVPD Development Manager.
- Utilizes HP Performance Center tool for Performance Testing.
- Estimate test effort and provide updates on remaining work to project team and project management.
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
Candidate is expected to have the following knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product functional capabilities.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, SVN/ GIT or equivalent tools.
- Background in testing with .Net Protocol a major plus
- Background in installation and maintenance of Performance Center infrastructure a major plus.
- Background in installation and maintenance of J2EE/.Net diagnostic tool a major plus.
- Web service testing background is a major plus
- Knowledge of .Net, Java, Web and other coding languages a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills needed
This is a full time position (weekly 40-45 hours) based at STRATA's headquarters office at 30 West Monroe, Chicago, IL. Working conditions are in agreement with conditions described within STRATA's company handbook unless explicitly noted in this document.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
The candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college OR equivalent work experience in a related field
- Shall Have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Load and Performance Tester.
- 5+ Years of experience in creating and executing different test scenarios using HP Performance Center.
- 5+ Years of experience in defect tracking tools such as HP ALM, Atlassian JIRA, etc.
- 5 + Years of experience in either J2EE .Net diagnostic tool and/or Site Scope.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Requisition #: 168586