Android Software Developer, Identity Access Management, Digital Banking
Purpose of Job:
As a Senior Developer of our Platform Modernizaton, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the bank develops applications, consume services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
The Enterprise Identity Solutions & Technology group provides solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer identity and authentication products. If you are passionate about designing services that our users will love, have a strong developer-focused mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
The candidate must have a strong Android and iOS design and development experience with a track record in development and deployment of complete native Android (ideally iOS applications too) to the Google Play Store as well as Android/iOS SDKs, use by other apps.
Proficient in integrating native Android apps with backend Java Web Services, with a good understanding of network and generally infrastructure components and configuration.
The candidate would have a solid understanding of Androidsecurity concepts and experience with code obfuscation, malware prevention, rooted/jailbroken device detection. Candidate should have strong experience with mobile UI and UX design. Ideally the candidate would also have iOS native development experience strong asset) and have a good knowledge in user management service and authentication solutions.
Must be highly skilled in trouble-shooting and problem solving in Android applications, backend integrations.
Solid understanding of Agile methodology backed by hands on experience, development techniques and best practices for an enterprise framework.
The incumbent should have at least 5 years of Androidexperience The individual must thrive on fast paced, challenging environment with short learning curves. Must be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn and have a 'Can Do' attitude.
He/She must be able to interact with various people like Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support Team.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
- Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover).
- Design and build Android (and possibly iOS) mobile applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Fully responsible for mobile app development in the team
- Build and publish applications in app stores
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
- Create documentation including design, operational support documents.
- Lead design sessions and code/program design/review, utilizing technologies per "Job Summary" section above. Minimum 5 years solid development experience in these mentioned or related technologies.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Regularly conveying status to team and management.
Skills and Functional Competencies
- At least 5 years of experience developing and supporting Android native applications. A plus for iOSexperience.
- Essential experience on list of technologies and product experiences listed in the "Job Summary" section above.
- Excellent knowledge in core Java
- Hands on experience in the full life cycle of Android application development
- Strong knowledge in RESTful web services, JSON concepts
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Very good knowledge of Android SDK's
- Push Notifications & Toast
- Eclipse & ANT based build system, Android Studio.
- Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box..
Education and Other Requirements
- Computer Science / EngineeringDegree or equivalent.
Requisition ID: 5198.