Under the supervision of the Director, this position conceptualizes and designs products for various government clients. It includes collaboration with key stakeholders to visually convey a particular message, idea or concept; develop customized web pages, interactive interfaces, and print products. This position requires skills in the areas of product conceptualization, branding, print layout, printer coordination and management, quality assurance, and client satisfaction. CDC experience is highly preferred.
- BS in related field and 6+ years relevant experience or compatible combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be creative and to generate, communicate and implement ideas.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet related deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be able to execute projects from initial concepts to final work products.
- Knowledge of fundamental procedures, best practices, techniques and tools utilized in computer assisted graphics design to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets such as websites and CD-ROMs.
- Methods and techniques of photography including operation and use of 35 millimeter and digital cameras and photographic software.
- PC literate with basic proficiency in internet navigation, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Interpret clients’ needs and design solutions with high visual impact
- Analyze requests, recommend, and create work products; Organize and prioritize a high volume of work using multi-tasking techniques.
- Record, edit, produce voice over work & video using software’s like soundbooth, premiere, etc.
- Generates and manipulates graphic images, sound, text and video using principles, tools, techniques, and software pertaining to art media and graphics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs Web design and eLearning course development.
- Uses graphic design software such as; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Articulate, Prezi and Flash
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity.
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.