What’s special about us:
Amway is the world’s No. 1 direct selling business, according to the Direct Selling News Global 100. Established in 1959, with sales of $9.5 billion, Amway operates in more than 100 countries and territories. We manufacture and distribute 450+ consumer products that support health and well-being. More than 19,000 employees worldwide support millions of Amway Business Owners who sell Amway products. Nutrilite, part of the Amway family of companies, is the world’s leading global brand in vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements. Located in Southern California, Nutrilite offers a rich 82-year history of bringing the best of science and the best of nature in every supplement. We believe in your potential and your ability to achieve your highest professional goals.
What’s special about this job:
The Regulatory Affairs & Safety organization functions as a progressive global group that ensures product safety is inherent in every step of the product lifecycle. Amway is known for high quality products in all our product portfolios. This group delivers scientifically sound safety principles, which provide our Amway Business Owners (ABO’s) confidence, that they are selling a superior product. Contributing to product development teams, in this role you will be known as the technical leader in safety compliance, for our Nutrition products sold globally.
How you would contribute to the role:
Aligned with the existing Amway global safety strategy, you will guide our global safety program for new and existing nutrition products. You will work with local, regional, and global teams, to deliver safety compliance for nutrition products in all stages of the product lifecycle. Your contributions to product development teams will be focused on providing data based decisions in both ingredient and product safety assessments. You will be responsible for the preparation of the product safety dossiers and safety risk assessments for products sold globally. Additionally, you will support and guide our botanical safety strategies, and will be participating in the analysis of product safety related issues, partnering with legal and PR to respond to safety-related questions from customers and teams from all parts of the globe. This is the ultimate global job for a people-centered toxicologist with a passion and ability to influence and communicate safety-related principles and solutions.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Knowledge/subject matter expertise on consumer products safety compliance, US and global preferred
- Experience with toxicity test methods and risk assessments for consumer products
- Ability to offer thought leadership on strategic safety recommendations
- Analytical talent to recognize and communicate implications of emerging safety/regulatory issues
- Talent to influence global project teams on safety-related issues
- Knowledge of product development processes and background offering safety support in product development
- PhD with 5 years preferred industry experience in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Medicine or related discipline.
- Board certified toxicologist desired