Sodexo's Healthcare is in search of a Vice President,Operations to lead the strategic and business planning and management for operations of our Vidant Health System located in Greenvile, North Carolina. Vidant is one of the most progressive not-for-profit health care systems, Vidant Health reaches more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties. Home of the East Carolina University Medical School, Vidant Health System has grown to become one of Sodexo’s most important client partnerships in the Southeastern US. A home to many of our showcase programs, systems and products, Vidant is poised to grow with us well into the future.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction for all business aspects within this assigned territory including: account operations, growth, and retention to include financial growth and accountability. Additionaly, will place a major focus on client relationship management, business retention, and new business development. This position will manage 8locations which include Food and Environmental Services and have oversight of 40 million managed volume. Preferred candidate to reside in the Greenville, NC area. Will have about 75% local travel.
The Vice President, Operations must have demonstrated organizational skills with keen attention to detail and documentation of same. Computer skills in analytical programs and word processing are required as well as being comfortable working effectively in a data-driven environment. Possess strong conceptual skills, as well as the ability to effectively analyze financial information. He/she is able to think both strategically and tactically. Ability to manage multi-stakeholders in multiple locations throughout this system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate the strategic value of Sodexo to regional clients/prospects by bringing targeted solutions from Sodexo’s full portfolio of services
- Promote a client/customer-centric operating culture that strives to exceed client goals, objectives, requirements and expectations
- Develop and execute a Regional 3-5 year strategic growth and retention plan
- Ensure Sodexo’s regional goals and objectives are met or exceeded – this will be achieved by providing the leadership, management and oversight necessary to ensure that the regional area has the proper solutions, products, metrics and talent in place to effectively grow the organization and meet/exceed defined revenue, profitability targets and other KPIs
- Resolve client problems and concerns with agility and professionalism. Actively listens to client issues and requests, identifies needs and requirements, and quickly leverages resources from across NorAm to resolve problems and identified needs.
- Establish organizational protocols and systems to identify client issues, trends, and opportunities and effectively integrate them into regional strategies
- Reallocate resources across the Region to ensure operational excellence in all accounts
- Drive an evolving culture focused on excellence in implementing core services – with strong execution in standards, compliance and accountability
- Develops and maintains a strong web of influence in client organizations within Region (e.g., CEO, COO, CNO, CFO, Board) to ensure strong retention and identify new business opportunities. Additionally, serve as the primary Sodexo relationship manager for regional accounts, responsible for developing a strategic growth strategy, relationship management plan, and pro forma review.
- Balance retention efforts at current clients with new business development within the Region
- Develop, maintain, and leverage Sodexo Cross-Market relationships in Region
- Responsible for contract renewals, negotiations, and investments
- Responsible for the Regional communications and marketing plans
- Responsible for innovation ideation to expand Sodexo’s solutions set for current and prospective clients
- Working closely with Division CEO, DMs, Brand, HR, and Finance teams; provide timely, accurate, and complete operational metrics and reporting. Lead the performance management process for the Region that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization (Vital Few)
- As a Change Champion, prepares the Region’s culture to adapt to and embrace ongoing, fundamental changes that will enable the business to grow and prosper
- Establish visibility and relevance for Sodexo in the regional healthcare industry by preparing presentations to management groups, leadership groups and boards to explain the company’s market position and initiatives
- Working with Sales and Brand Teams, design and implement Strategic Partnership programs for the Region that create value for clients/prospects.
- Oversee the overall strategic leadership in proposal development activities, including positioning, strategy development, customer negotiations, contract review, and pricing/costing
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients and prospects and establish long-term relationships necessary for account retention, future sales, and the best interest of the organization.
- Skilled in identifying and implementing new business opportunities, including expanding the solution set with existing clients and selling new accounts.
- Strong leader, who can help people translate vision into practical, actionable, measurable and cost-effective approaches and tactics that make sense for the Region.
- The ability to manipulate, interpret, analyze, and explain financial information. This includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, and identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance. #LI
Serves as the primary representative for client accounts within a designated geographic area including policy compliance, staff training and development, financial performance, and client retention. Responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all activities within the area through DMs, regional support staff and regional employees. Works in all matters relating to contract and account operations. Ensures that all employees under his/her operational control comply with all client, government, corporate and Division policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years of multi-unit, support, or strategic leadership experience.
System ID 67180