Basic Purpose-The position provides hands-on technical design, implementation and support for middlewaretechnologies in a cross platform enterprise environment. Through normal operations, the position interacts with business groups, management, architects and peer technology groups to enable business objectives.
- Strong background in Linux/Windows Administration
- In-Depth Experience with Application Server Administration using Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- In-Depth Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- In-Depth Experience with Software build and deployment methodologies using tools like SVN, Git, Maven, ANT, Bamboo and Archiva
- Strong understanding of code and scriptinglanguages (Python, Perl, Ruby, and/or Powershell)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Assist in the Design of solutions that manage application software through the development life cycle
- Lead the implementation and support of automation and services to facilitate rapid application deployment
- Deploy and support applications in a high volume and high-availability environment.
- Install and configure both standard and new technologies for Continuous Integration and Middleware services
- Provide guidance in architecture, design and application of industry standards in the implementation of innovative US Foods continuous integration solutions
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms
- Reviews complex enterprise integration architectures for other US Foods IT teams and makes recommendations
- Recommends standards, guidelines and best practices
- Works and communicates effectively with all areas of IT
- Leads DevOps Teams and acts as the escalation point for DevOps and Support activities.
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, solution architects, and QA testers in an Agile environment.
- Mentor less experienced members of the DevOps team.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- · High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- · BS Degreepreferred
- · Five years in Related IT Field is required
- · Prior Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- · Prior Experience with Administration through Configuration Management and Automation
· Expert knowledge and experience of the domains and the business processes being supported