• Provide basic to complex technical support to customers, partners and employees (Sales, Consulting, etc.) on the Information Protection Enterprise product portfolio that includes: Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Validation & Identity Protection (VIP), Symantec Identity Access Manager (SAM), and Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE).
• Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
• Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve overall product quality
• Exercise judgment within defined processes and procedures to determine appropriate action
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
• Document known issues within Knowledge Management system of record
• Demonstrate good judgment on when to advance cases to Tier 2 Support or proper handling of escalated accounts in order to bring the right resources to bear to return customers and partners to optimum health
• As applicable, serve as final point of escalation within Technical Support model, acting as an important interface between the customer and Engineering
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree is strongly desired. In the absence of a completed Bachelor’s degree, any of the following will suffice: (a) minimum of 3-years Security software experience in a Technical Support role (b) minimum of 5-years IT Security domain experience (c) or minimum of 3-years IT Security domain experience with 1 or more of the following up-to-date certifications: CISSP, MCSE, MCP, CNE, CCNA or CompTIA Security+
• Previous experience working in a fast paced client/technical environment is highly regarded
• Strong technology enthusiast with passion for troubleshooting and structured problem solving
• Solid communication nuances and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Computer Literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (Intermediate +), SFDC
• Domain expertise with PKI, two-factor or three-factor authentication, or other Identity products is highly regarded
• Cloud expertise is highly regarded