Director of Food Service Operations
8 - 10 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
Professional Sports Catering, powered by Levy Restaurants, is a food service company specializing in concessions and catering operations at minor league baseball stadiums across the country. Launched in 2006, PSC serves the needs of minor league baseball clubs who want to outsource their food business to a partner who shares their core values: taking care of their customers and providing high quality food and beverage products.
While only 11 years old, PSC already runs all concession and catering operations at over 30 minor league baseball stadiums and spring training facilities around the country. In each of these markets, PSC makes the ballpark the best restaurant in town.
As a company, we are dedicated to re-energizing our client’s entire food service operation by bringing an exciting, high quality product mix and positively outrageous customer service to the market.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall food service operation at a specific minor league baseball location, including all concessions and catering venues. Early responsibilities of the Director of Operations may include managing capital investments in food service equipment, and developing exciting new menus for the concessions venues that incorporate ballpark classics with local favorites. In order to carry out this vision, this person will also focus on daily responsibilities including establishing and meeting department budgets, monitoring food and labor cost on a daily basis, establishing vendor relationships, ordering and receiving food and beverage products, maintaining proper inventory levels, and insuring the cleanliness of all food venues.
The Director of Operations must possess strong management qualities. This position directs at least 2-4 full-time food service managers in concessions and catering, and 3-5 seasonal managers in addition to overseeing 150+ hourly team members and non-profit groups.
Strong communication will also be a key to success in this position. The Director of Operations will grow the relationship with the client, and will be in constant communication with the client’s management team. Additionally, one of PSC’s best attributes – for both clients and employees – is the unity amongst each PSC operation and the “hands on” nature of the PSC management team. Each Director of Operations will contribute to and benefit from ongoing and detailed communication with all PSC staff across all current venues.
Partner and Customer Focus, Developing Winning Teams, Seeing the bigger picture, Innovating and Improving and Delivering Results
· Responsible for fan experience in the building
· Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
· Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
· Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with guests, subcontractors and Levy Restaurants team members
· Regularly obtains feedback from guests to improve operations
· Supports and communicates Company initiatives
· Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
· Creates and executes marketing plan to build sales
· Executes primary relationship with business and key revenue client/partners
· Holds and documents weekly meetings with client/partner with the goal to be informational, fact finding, idea generating and problem solving in an effort to regularly obtain feedback from clients to improve operations
· Acts as a liaison with team, including partner's operational team, Levy team
· Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
· Implements cost controls as needed to achieve positive financial results
· Buyoff on weekly/biweekly forecast from Controller
· Owner of location P&L and PBITDAR expectations
· Achieves assigned budget goals
· Oversees completion of required department reports and compiles daily and month end reporting
· Develops budget to deliver profit and service goals, as well as meeting partner expectations
· Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems
· Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
· Follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
· Ensures team members adhere to Levy Restaurants Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
· Oversees control of all inventories, product cost, cash handling and purchasing
Leadership and Internal Relationship Building
· Uses all performance management tools, including development plans, to provide guidance and feedback to team
· Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location
· Creates the vision of the location by sharing stories and history with team members, managers, guest and client/partner
· Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
· Utilizes new leader transition sessions to ensure success with managers a few months after taking on new roles
· Conducts bi-annual FAP (Feedback and Action Planning) sessions with management team.
· Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
PSC/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At PSC/Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
- Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents
- A minimum of 8years Food and Beverage Management experience at a Director of Operations/General Manager level in a sports and entertainment atmosphere.
- Experience managing a high volume operation.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Budgeting, forecasting, salesexperiencepreferred.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.