Master Scheduler & Planning Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
The Role: J.D. Power islooking for an experienced Master Scheduler & Planning Manager to elevatethe company’s operational resource planning and management capabilities. Theideal candidate will have experience with resource management and masterplanning software in a product/services delivery environment. The MasterScheduler & Planning Manager will be responsible for planning and managingoperational resources and schedules to meet customer delivery requirements forJ.D. Power’s core syndicated and proprietary product portfolio (existingportfolio and innovation).
The Impact: J.D. Power’ssyndicated industry benchmarks and proprietary offerings provide clients withan independent, competitive view of the key indicators and drivers of thecustomer satisfaction based on Voice of the Customer data in industries such asAutomotive, Financial Services and Utilities. The benchmarks and actionableinsights that J.D. Power provides help businesses improve customer engagement,increase customer satisfaction and drive growth.
- Lead demand planning and masterscheduling of projects for the market research industry across a broad range of products / services / customer requirements
- Provide effective communication of the project plan between internal stakeholders - practice, operations and externally with customers in the case of externally shared projects
- Review new project requests and determines feasible delivery dates based on resource availability. Notify stakeholders of acceptable promise dates for customers.
- Communicate with operations team in a proactive manner regarding capacity and shift loading to efficiently meet requirements
- Responsible for regularly forecasting and reforecasting when needed, generating consensus on forecast between key stakeholders. Key inputs will include historical demand trends and real-time inputs to help inform reliable, relevant and timely planning.
- Work closely with sales and practice to get input on forecast changes/adjustments to limit company’s exposure overloading current resource capacity
- Monitor and report resource levels within the organization to ensure overall capacity is at acceptable levels
- Provide meaningful reporting and analysis that interprets data and communicates information that is useful for decision making
- Work efficiently in fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts while balancing competing priorities
- Work with all departments and management levels (from executives to operations team members)
- Complete other projects/tasks assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- 8+ years of professional experience, 6-10+ years with ERP and/or master planning software in a product/service delivery environment
- BA/BS required; APICS certification preferred
- Strong computer skills (especially Excel, ERP/MRP systems)
- Ability to work well cross-functionally, rapidly gain an understanding of business priorities and drive alignment of resource prioritization
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to customer problems
- Strong results orientation with proven success working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator
- Proven skills in communication, time management, problem solving and decision-making