Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 2,500 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Provide technical support for customers and technical support and training to production departments. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support the Company's Safety initiatives through personal involvement, helping drive the organization towards an incident free workplace.
- Provide leadership, technical support and training to guide changes to plant processes and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Provide technical support for customers.
- Demonstrate and teach Lean tools in support of the Company's continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead quality related initiatives and assist in paper grade development activities.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Supervise quality lab personnel product inspection, chemical systems management, coating make-down system and paper grade development trials.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Maintain/develop data analysis tools using Company designated software (Parcview).
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Minimum Technical Background Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 5 plus years’ experience in manufacturing, industrial or process engineering, product or technology development. Pulp and Paper degree and/or experience preferred.
- Demonstrated compliance to health safety practices.
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in Parcview is a plus
- Experience in coating and printing applications is a plus.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices
Requisition ID 2017-4139