Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers.
- Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Provides overall operating system support, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Experience working in a High Performance Computing (HPC) / Supercomputing / Cluster Environment
- PreferredBachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with similar programs that include development/sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
- Desired S/W Language Experience – Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS); Apache Camel, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Puppet, Git, JMS, SOAP, REST