Join an exciting team dedicated to providing networkinfrastructure and technology solutions to the Department of Defense (DoD) and other customers worldwide. The Project Manager will participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, manage project progress, update stakeholders, and draft documents/process diagrams/SOPs in support of DLAs efforts to modify and update communications networks. The Project Manager will serve as the single point of responsibility for the successful completion of project tasks. The Project Manager must ensure that efforts to conduct site surveys, develop engineering designs, install and upgrade networkinfrastructure, test infrastructure, and gain final customer approval are completed within budget, schedule, and scope constraints. The Project Manager must also ensure that the aforementioned efforts are sufficiently staffed with appropriately certified professionals. The Project Manager must be sufficiently knowledgeable of Enterprise Wireless Deployment and Industrial Control System Network Design and Implementation to ensure comprehensive project management support to these tasks.
- Development and submission of a Monthly Status Report (MSR) including project schedule, tasks, and progress of the work.
- Development and submission of a Quarterly Manpower Report.
- Development and submission of Weekly Status Reports (WSRs) identifying the work accomplished, plans for the following week, and all issues that may present a risk to cost, schedule or performance.
- Providing inventory tracking, warranty tracking, and Serialized Item reports when requested.
- Providing lessons learned and continuous improvement documentation including the tangible result of an executed "project review". The review will take the project experience, in whole or part, and break it down into actionable conclusions.
- Managing project personnel and ensuring that project work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Providing transition to sustainment support to DLA on any project designed and/or implemented by contract staff to include documentation and training.
- Providing a Contingency Operations/Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Ensuring that changes to project work are not implemented before written authorization or a contract modification is issued by the Contracting Officer.
- Submitting visit/clearance information for contract staff and vendors as well as acquiring required passes and badges.
- Obtaining appropriate work authorizations and permits.
- Submitting HAZMAT handling request.
- Coordinating material handling with facility personnel.
- Coordinating on sub-contracting and pre-fabrication requirements.
- Ensuring that acquired network upgrade material and equipment is packaged for transportation to the work site.
- Coordinating regularly with all stake holders to include the Program Manager, customer, and contract staff to ensure that work is completed in an efficient manner.
- 10 years of Project Management experience.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate:
- Project Management skills including scope management, capacity planning, project scheduling, budgeting and tracking documents.
- Strong financial acumen, including proven ability to connect the linkages of the project results to the budget and identify business benefits.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen.
- Knowledge of wireless technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals with skills and knowledge in Microsoft office product lines, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Visio.
Certification Preference: PMP
Clearance Requirement: SECRET