Req #: 11467
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
• Lead and support teams that develop, and continuously improve all facets of the MEMs manufacturing process.
• Support and lead teams in the process of integrating development processes into a pilot manufacturing line with focus on measurements and testing.
• Lead the development of metrology and test equipment in a highly flexible process and production environment using rigorous and controlled methods.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Leverage off-the-shelf instruments or develop new measurement methods to optimize manufacturing processes or inspect the quality of Corning products.
• Engineer measurement solutions that are suitable for use in manufacturing.
• Work with a variety of cross functional groups (Development, Quality, IT, Purchasing, Operations).
• Leverage external suppliers for key technologies or core competencies such as system integration.
• Design experiments and analyze data to identify and implement improvements to measurement systems or production processes.
• Create/update documentation for release to production including machine specifications; operating procedures and drawing packages.
•Train engineering, maintenance and operations people how to use and maintain measurement systems.
• Provide onsite troubleshooting using data and performance analysis of the installed systems.
• Design and perform Measurement System Analysis (MSA) on developed and commercial systems to verify performance meets customer needsTravel Requirements (please note if international): 10 -15% May be some limited international Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 plus hours tosupport 24 by 7 operation
Education and Experience:
• BS or MS in Physics, Optics, EE, ME or Computer Engineering. Hands on experience with metrology is required.
• Prior leadership roles in a manufacturing environment. Required Skills:
• Measurement and testing system development and characterization.
• Experience with electrical/optical/mechanical installations, including system acceptance and troubleshooting.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Data retrieval, plotting, and analysis (JMP, MiniTab, Microsoft Excel)
• Measurement System Analysis design and implementation.
• Experience scaling from development to pilot line.
• M.S. or equivalent technical degree • Previous project team roles as measurement lead, providing project scope definitions, project controls, and project execution.
• Software programming skills in C++, C# • Image analysis algorithm design and coding
• Expertise with professional imaging toolkits
• Familiarity with motion control systems
• Experience with interfacing various sensors and instrumentation with computer control systems
• Clean room protocols