Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 countries, with 30,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.2 billion.
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from community banks and insurance companies to large SEC client engagements.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and SSAP 101.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and othertax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Actively participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with partners and marketing professionals to target and build relationships with client prospects.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives and deliver designated engagement realization through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degreepreferred.
- CPA and/or JDrequired
- Six (6) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing attest services including three (3) plus year’s supervisory experience.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Bank or Insurance tax
- Experience reviewing federal and multi-state corporate tax returns and ASC 740 Accounting for Income Tax.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.