H&M Bay Inc. – One of the Nation’s Largest LTL Service Providers is looking for a Cargo Claims/Risk Manager to join our growing team at our Federalsburg, MD location
In this position, you would:
Develop and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs. Initiates policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Researches and reports on the most cost effective plans to minimize asset liability. Acts as the liaison to attorneys, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Relies on experiences and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Manages claims administrative staff.
As well as:
• Investigate, process and settle cargo claims
• Assure timely and fair settlement of first party cargo claims for our facilities.
• Oversee GPS monitoring program
• Assist with Corporate Insurance bidding/renewal process
• Conduct facility GMP/Food Safety and Quality audits
Our ideal candidate would be either an:
• Experienced cargo claims professional
• Quality Assurance professional from a food manufacturing environment
We are looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Certified Claims Professional preferred
- Cargo experiencepreferred.
- Progressive experience in insurance claims or related motor carrier industry experiences a plus.
- Knowledge of transportation operations, cargo regulations, insurance claims and/or the values of tractors, trailers and equipment preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Food Safety and QA programs such as (HACCP, GMPs, Sanitation, etc.) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service experience.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package.