Applies technical expertise and methods to research, understand, and develop/improve current or new sources of supply to meet TTM / TTC product life cycle deliverables. Support program team, and procurement functions deliverables/processes in line with corporate/business/regional objectives. Responsible for a set of local/regional/global suppliers along a technology track (s) during the TTM or TTC phase of the product life cycle. Establishes projects and supports processes to continuously improve the performance or capability of the assigned supply base. Uses learnings to drive inputs/ best practices, and performance improvements back into the TTM process and Commodity strategy. Supports material supply chain, and global sourcing strategy at the local level. Implements and executes the sourcing and supply bases strategy defined during TTM.
- Monitors and drives supplier performance in the areas of total cost, capacity, capability, quality and location and drives corrective action to bring in line, informs management and escalates if personal attempts fail.
- Drives and supports continuous improvement of suppliers (3CQL, flexibility, lead-time, initiatives, etc.).
- Initiates or supports supplier selection and qualification efforts of new suppliers.
- Delivers on their accountability to the global commodity team and sourcing pipeline priorities/commitments.
- Collaborates with peers in alignment with Commodity & Sourcing Strategy.
- Assess and support the sourcing of new suppliers of alternate material sources, capability, capacity, or processing methods to meet business requirements, specifications, capacity, and quality and cost objectives. Conduct periodic audits.
- Understands researches and develops existing, or identify new suppliers to achieve material, volume, location, capacity.
- Support supplier selection and supplier audits efforts as required.
- Drive closure to performance deviations with the supplier and recover costs related non-conformance, late deliveries, and general areas of non-performance that breach Lairds contract with the supplier.
- Implement supplier changes, monitor their success, and make adjustments as needed
- Familiarizes themselves and maintains required knowledge level to be successful with new technology.
- Achieve cycle time reduction on operations with vendors by using Laird’s Processes and personnel to achieve targets.
- Collaborates and drives cost roadmaps to maintain a competitive advantage in our marketplace.
- Direct improvement activities and communicates with remote design teams and customers to meet project milestones.
- Participate actively in project or annual material and cost reduction programs, including ownership for supplier negotiations.
- Research technologies or methods to minimize costs and improve efficiencies in the supply chain.
- Monitor established metrics for the role, projects or business and provide periodic summary.
- Implement local sourcing policies to meet established needs.
- Work with design engineering and quality to improve supplier base and certifying new suppliers.
- Facilitate SC integration by understanding Laird’s cost structure and suppliers and help in reducing redundant activities.
- Communicate capital expenditures involving new technological innovations, which promote Laird’s engineering expertise
- Relevant technical expertise to succeed in the role (electrical, mechanical, process, etc)
- Proficient financial understanding and communication skills. Knowledge of the relevant industries with supply base.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Prefocient understanding and experience with integrated manufacturing and software systems (MRP, ERP etc)
- Excellent organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate sourcing/purchasing management/team/structure processes with supplier
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestic and internationally
- Experienced and disciplined in the role / Expert level knowledge.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering depending on the job assignment. Business acumen and/or MBA preferred
- Previous sourcing, supplier management/negotiation, cost and process engineering, and 6 Sigma/leanpreferred.
- 5 to 8years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability