Quality Assurance Specialist
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Quality Assurance Specialist
Mandan, ND; Lake St. Louis, MO
Want to work for a leading provider of IT products and services who has been listed among the “Best Places to Work in IT” by IDG’s Computerworld magazine for the last 14 years?Want a position where you can use your analytical and critical thinking capabilities, great communication skills, desire for working in growing Web-based, iOS and Androidmobile application development arenas, and love for testing software built in agile development projects with quick releaseschedules? If so, come join NISC’s team of Quality Assurance testing professionals as we produce quality software applications for our utility and telecommunication customer-base.
- Performs testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling and testing to assure that developed products and product enhancements meet design specification and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Communicates with developers and software engineers on product issues.
- Gathers and interprets source materials such as design and test specification, design diagrams and schematics.
- Researches, tests and reports results of testing scenarios and assists less experienced testers with problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
- Reviews Change Requests (CRs) along with software engineering staff and follows up to resolution.
- Tests system documentation including overviews, single line help, extended help and How Tos associated to assigned CRs as necessary and suggests edits/enhancements to turn over to technical communicators.
- Writes release notes, as well as new system enhancement documentation when necessary, associated with enhancement CRs.
- Utilizes all support tools as directed including entering all appropriate information into iVUE Support.
- May develop and deliver training to coworkers or customers as assigned.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams regarding enhancements to products.
- May be required to travel to customer sites on occasion.
- May be required to carry support phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generally requires three to five years of experience in related software systems and applications.
- Basic knowledge in NISC’s software applications.
- Basic knowledge of other integrated applications and services.
- Basic Knowledge of the utility or telecom industry and current issues.
- Strong PC skills.
- Strong research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a large work volume.
- Ability to acquire proficiency in NISC automated testing tools including for mobile and web applications.
- Ability to analyze problems and think critically to find defects and resolve problems.
- Experience in working in agile projects with accelerated releaseschedules.
- Familiarity with native mobile application development.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools.
- Experience with issue tracking platforms.
- Experience with REST clients.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Release Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with Android SDK, emulators and IDE.
- Working knowledge of basic scriptinglanguages.
- Strong Member orientation.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, including documentation of test procedures.
- Ability to train and assist coworkers in testing methodology and in application features and functionality.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Strong telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Members.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experiencepreferred
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities any time.