Role Value Proposition:
Leads with the highest degree of analytical and technical database and tool expertise as the widely-acknowledged expert in his/her area. Responsible for technical leadership and enterprise-level consulting to the organization. Researches and prescribes best practices for advanced databases and features. Solves complex and unique business challenges. Manages vendors with highly effective DBMS vendor and tool management abilities. Assists Director in interfacing with other technical teams.
- Designs database and business intelligence availability solutions for complex problems.
- Handles complex communications with vendors, technical and business leaders and engineering to integrate database solutions.
- Plans and executes deployment of database best practices, standards and solutions for complex hardware, software or network combinations. Assesses and prescribes software for use with new hardware for the enterprise.
- Consults with internal customers on the database resolution of highly complex business problems and technical initiatives.
- Leads and mentors less experienced engineers to identify and integrate database strategies and solutions with related technical and business groups.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of in-depth experience in database engineering and database architecture
- 8 years or more experience as system DBA and/or database technologist in Db2 LUW environment
- Solid experience in engineering support of continuously available and high performing database environments
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build effective partnerships with peer groups, engineering teams, management, etc.
- Excellent analytical ability and project management skills
- Experience with Big Data technologies and/or other DBMSs
- Vendor certification in at least one DBMS and related technology
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment