The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day activities within the Operations Department(s). This position reports to the VP of Operations. The ideal candidate directs and coordinates activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, inventory, returns, shipping, receiving, purchasing or distribution of products, managing staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties. The candidate will also have good communications skills to interface with organization officials, and staff members as necessary to coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency. The candidate will establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, procedures. The candidate will locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Oversees the areas of purchasing, inventory control, returns, production, shipping and receiving
- Reports on management objectives as part of the Operations Review team
- Develops, mentors, and coaches all direct reporting personnel
- Responsible for accurate inventory counts and the communication of appropriate inventory levels to operations management
- Work with distributor representatives to insure timely delivery of equipment
- Supervise, coach and mentor employees
- Complete performance reviews in accordance with company policy for any direct reports
- Preparation of job descriptions for any direct reports
- Partner with Human Resources for staffing and employee related issues including hiring, termination process and Converge-One policy compliance
- Manage vendor relations
- Responsible for integrations of acquired companies at the operations level
- High School diploma is required
- Seven or more years directing and managing personnel
- Acquisition and merger due diligence
- 3+ years of experience in customer relationship management (Line, Management & Executive)
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Establish, create and manage goals and objectives for personnel
- Experience managing and forecasting departmental budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Previous business experience in a sales or telecommunications environment preferred
- College degree in related field is preferred
Less than 10% travel for training and job development, Up to 25%, Occasional overnight travel.
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.