IT Manager, Development
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage and lead a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions.
You’ll also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead development teams and own responsibility for the delivery of development solutions and component/unit testing efforts.
- Oversee and report on project status, manage project team resources and assignments, ensure project milestones are met and up to standard.
- Work with technology partners to develop the content for development and solutions design deliverables, ensure project estimates cover all activities within scope, including project management and application development, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities.
- Ensure all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members.
- Define the Application Development Vendor strategy and manage vendors and service level agreements.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Ensure the project team follows all quality assurance processes.
- Drive stakeholder communications, develop effective stakeholder management required for team delivery.
- Act as an escalation point for all risks and issues affecting the development team, and for working to define and implement mitigation strategies.
- Control change to development project scope through accepted change management processes, impact assessment and documentation.
- Responsible for delivering in line with financial forecast / plan, and achieving benefits targets as defined for Application Development teams.
- Manage and track costs in line with investment governance to deliver agreed outcomes and service-level within budget.
- Oversee demand management and project intake process, ensuring the development team can deliver on intake requirements and financial cost estimations are reviewed and approved.
- Identify all development related project dependencies and risks and ensures mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Responsible for management of the overall development / design teams providing both leadership and technical guidance.
- Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results.
- Grow team expertise to meet demand and to support TD’s technology direction; assess team capabilities, always look for ways to enhance value delivered!
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the business, technology standards, managing people and projects.
- Advanced understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of external competition, and/or market trends.
- Readiness and motivation to manage a sizeable group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <25) responsible for development/solutions design and/or system enhancements, new releases or project deliverables with increasing complexity of moderate to broad scope.
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
- Experience with CapitalStream product is a strong asset.
- Experience with leading Agile projects would be a strong asset.
- Experience with TD systems and environment would be an asset.