This position provides development and leadership for site operations of maintenance, facilities and project engineering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate personal value and establish standards of excellence for safety.
- Demonstrate work practices and standards that are consistent with the expected H&V culture.
- Develop organizational model for site level capital planning
- Act as gatekeeper for all capital planning & projects
- Develop Standard work practices for processing capital requests; ensure all capital requests have a sound business case and demonstrate accountability for the expenditures of the Capital Budget. Lead mill capital reviews
- Lead maintenance organization and reliability initiatives
- Coordinate engineering and design of all capital projects for the Mill
- Lead start-up of all new components or systems
- Administer capital projects (project management) as required and assisting in the development and effective execution of the capital program.
- Project technical lead. Responsibility for all phases of capital project engineering and design activity to include requirements documentation, development of alternative solutions to meet project goals including presentation to management as needed; performing engineering design, configuration and system integration or overseeing this work performed by others including preparation of engineering design calculations and drawings, specification of equipment and preparing requisitions for purchase.
- Develop and implement the annual capital project program for new equipment and major repairs through the management of assigned capital projects. Responsible for effective project management, project team leadership/ coordination, and administration of assigned projects, including preparation of capital project requests, project status reporting, participation in or conducting project meetings, coordination of construction activities and project closeout reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Experience in maintaining departmental budgets and management systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Training in Six Sigma techniques and statistical analysis tools highly desirable
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs (excel, word, access, power point).
- Skilled in leading people with good verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is at times “hands on” when necessary to assist with completing the work and consists of a high level time spent throughout the facility and machines. Including climbing stairs, stooping, kneeling and bending. Occasional lifting of items roughly 25 lbs.
- Frequent periods with extended times working at a desk and on a computer.
- Facility activity can and will include access to PSM covered areas of the mill with exposure to highly dangerous material and environments.