Sharecare is a digital health company helping people manage all of their data on one online wellness platform. We provide our members with personalized information and expert resources to empower them to improve their health through the RealAge Test and AskMD. In 2016, Sharecare acquired the Population Health division of Healthways, including the Blue Zone Project and Ornish Lifestyle Medicine program. Together as one, Sharecare offers a broad set of programs to guide you in living your healthiest, fullest life. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
This team member will be responsible for media relations, communications and content development to support Sharecare’s growing enterprise business, including the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index. Reporting directly to the SVP of Corporate Communications, the Sr. PR Specialist will be responsible for leveraging subject matter expertise, data and insights, and case studies to position Sharecare as the leader in digital health. This role will focus on media relations, internal and external communications, and speakers bureau management, and work closely with various departments, including Marketing, Analytics, Research and Sales.
- Cultivate relationships with key national and trade press to support Sharecare’s leadership position in digital health
- Write press releases and supporting materials for major population health related initiatives, including new customer wins, product announcements and each new release of the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index
- Develop end-to-end PR campaigns for each major announcement, including identifying and briefing key spokespersons, coordinating and managing media interviews, and compiling resulting coverage reports
- Manage inbound press inquiries and speaker requests
- Coordinate internal communications for all major announcements and campaigns for population health
- Partner with Analytics and Research to analyze Well-Being Index data and assist in authoring reports (5-7 per year), blog posts and related content to support Sharecare’s brand and mission; and work with Marketing, Analytics and Content teams to ensure all Gallup.com articles accurately align with Sharecare’s brand, positioning and solutions, where possible
- 5+ years of media relations, corporate communications or journalismexperience in corporate or agency environment, including maintaining day-to-day relationships with executives and journalists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or related field
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong analytical and research skills preferred
- Self-motivated and highly organized with proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as be flexible with shifting priorities