Manage life cycles of assigned products or services to optimize profit and meet client expectations, marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. This includes business case development, market research, development of product marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and strategies associated with new and existing products(s). Tracks and monitors projects and provides needed information to all impacted areas of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow marketshare, and drive growth.
- Act as a product advocate within the organization.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning through go-to-market.
- Identifies product market opportunities through market research, customer profiling, needs analysis, market sizing and competitive analysis.
- Serves as the key contact for MortgagebotLOS on questions and new product ideas which surface from customers, sales, or market research.
- Identifies and analyzes critical issues related to the product design and promotion of the product(s).
- Translates product strategry into recommendations and feature definition to address market opportunities.
- Provides overall direction for product enhancements and general product development requirements.
- Works with product marketing department to develop effective communication activities and programs including product positioning and collateral development for MortgagebotLOS.
- Lead product focus groups for MortgagebotLOS.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current project status.
- Manages the resolution of escalated customer problems. Escalates problems and issues to other departments when needed.
- Lead user conferences sessions on MortgagebotLOS and general industry topics.
- Develops proper and thorough documentation (internal and external) describing enhancements as appropriate.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities for Product Management processes.
- Vendor Management including maintaining a directory of vendors with contact information and other pertinent data as well as analyzing potential future partner relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills with a history of successful execution of plans.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to mentor less experienced Product Analysts.
- Possess strong problem-solving and decision making skills. Ability to work independently, apply judgment, maintain stable performance under stress and flexibility in an evolving work environment.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to react quickly to complex situations; work with employees, customers and outside organizations in a professional manner.
- 3 – 5 years relevant financial services software experience (support, etc.)
- 2+ years Financial Industry experience.
- Experience working with project management software application analysis, design or implementation (knowledge of project management principles).
- Proven track record of product management accomplishments and initiatives with demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies.
- Consumer lending operations, credit policy, and/or mortgage banking, financial institution product management experiencepreferred.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.