The FDF Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire operations within the Fresh Dough Facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for dough manufacturing operations, enabling managers and associates to achieve goals for on time delivery, quality products, cost and safety.
- Provide work direction, resolve problems, prepare schedules and set direction to ensure timely completion of work.
- Evaluate and coordinate results of production and support departments to ensure effective use of labor, ingredients and equipment resources for production.
- Ensure a high quality production daily.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma (certification considered a plus)
- Maintains communication between Bakery Cafes to ensure orders are filled and products quality, consistency and delivery meets their needs.
- Monitor product standards ensuring our fresh dough products meet the required level of quality.
- Train and develop direct reports and ensure bench-strength building across all levels.
- Accurately purchase all ingredients and equipment needed to complete the production schedules on a daily basis.
- Ensure inventory is accurately recorded and monitor production schedules and quality standards.
- Validates and enforce strict process controls, GMPs, sanitation and safety standards.
- Verifies production shifts are efficient and on schedule.
- Identify and resolve equipment and staff issues as they arise during the shift.
- Make necessary adjustments to formulas and production schedules to accommodate late add on.
- Ensure management staff and associates follow and complete formulas, schedules and required documentation.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training salaried associates; planning, assigning and directing work. Also responsible for conducting management performance evaluations, coaching and disciplining and addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous food manufacturing experience (preferably in fresh dough production/manufacturing environment; including direct supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English and/or the ability to comprehend and interpret English.
- Flexibility to work in a demanding and changing environment.
- Ability to apply and understand basic mathematics.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Word, etc.)
- Strong commitment to quality, quality processes, safety and cleanliness.
External Reference Code R0005011 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC
Share this Job
- Sanitation SupervisorWarren, Ohio
Ask any of Panera’s 100,000 employees what they like most about our corporate culture and they will undoubtedly reply, “No jerks.” Those two words — No. 1 on our list of cultural values — set Panera apart as an enterprise. They ensure that our relationships with each other and with our guests are based on respect and honesty, and they establish a standard for our conduct.
-Ron Shaich, Founder, Chairman & CEO