Link Associates is a community based non-profit organization that provides services and supports to more than 1600 individuals in Polk County with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their families. Link has over 330 employees dedicated to providing the highest quality of services and supports to Link Consumers. Link is a CARF nationally accredited nonprofit agency that supports people of Polk County by providing a wide array of services including, Supported Living, Day Habilitation, Supported Employment, Case Management, Health Services, Leisure Services and Transportation.
Join an organization where you can make a significant impact in the lives of others and become part of Link’s
proud and exceptional 64-year tradition.
Responsible for the day to day operations of the Finance Department. Assure compliance of fiscal reports and records, produce financial statements and manage funds and accounts for the organization. Develop financial feasibility analysis for program expansion/modification proposals as needed. Oversees Accounts Payable / Receivable and Payroll. Manage department staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan and oversee all accounting and financial processes in all areas of operation.
· Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end closing procedures.
· Assure compliance of fiscal records and reports with standard accounting principles and all laws that may apply to the operation of the organization and the funded programs.
· Develop operational objectives to support the strategic plan and lead department staff to the implementation of the strategic and annual plans.
· Provide supervision to all department personnel including hiring, coaching, development and review of performance evaluations, disciplinary and termination processes.
· Oversee the development of the annual budget and the preparation and analysis of financial statements and fiscal reports to the Executive Director, Management staff, Board of Directors and outside reporting entities as required.
· Assist other management staff in the monthly analysis of the income and expense statements and the development of a plan of action to assure goals and objectives are met.
· Assist external audit firms with preparation of the annual audit and reports as required.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
· 5 plus years “hands on” progressive accounting experience
· 5 plus years of supervisory experience
· Non-profit experiencepreferred
· Previous experience with Medicaid billing reimbursement highly desired
· CPA designation is a plus
· Must meet agency policy on transportation and background checks
· Strong communication and organizational skills