Software Engineer (Health Services)
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Software Engineer works within the Application Development & Support team to provide software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, as well as ad-hocsupport of key departmental business areas, databases, applications, and tools which drive business functions. This position receives general instructions on new projects and works autonomously to complete deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops software at all layers by programming, designing and testing code to meet requirements
- Works with Business Systems Analysts to understand and clarify software requirements and translate into working software
- Practices good software engineering techniques and standards to reduce coding errors and ensures robustness and efficiency of work products
- Works to identify and resolves technical or product problems
- Translates technical designs into working software
- Collaborates with team members and partners withothers as needed to ensure successful completion of assigned software development tasks
- Participates in code reviews and incorporates recommendations
- Creates and maintains software design specifications document
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned tasks and end-to-end accountability for end-product delivery
- Partners with team members and technical project lead to ensure component design fits in with the overall solution
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years’ job related experience in the essential job functions listed. Prior PBM or healthcareexperience is helpful but not required.
Computer Skills – Solid expertise and working knowledge in the following:
- J2EE technologies (JAVA 1.8, Spring, Hibernate)
- Restful services (Apache CXF)
- Apache Tomcat
- UNIX and/or Windows environments
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on project teams and/or matrix-managed teams
- Ability to appropriately schedule and prioritize multiple projects to ensure timely and effective delivery of IT solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with emphasis on translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Prefer familiarity with PBM business model (plans, programs, and practices) as well as pharmaceutical practices (nomenclature, medications)