This opportunity requires work to be delivered at the client site in Tiverton Ontario. Located on the shores of Lake Huron in scenic Bruce County, Tiverton is approximately 3 hours NW of Toronto.
Reporting to the Station IT Support Manager, the Senior Information Systems Analyst will oversee business prioritization and customer account management for a portfolio of business units across the organization on behalf of the IT department.
The Senior Information Systems Analyst is responsible to work with department customers to define, prioritize and monitor delivery of requested IT services consisting of capital projects, small enhancements and break fix deliverables. In addition, the SA will work with customers to identify opportunities to utilize new technology, explore options for automation and consult on business investment proposals involving IT input to support in achieving desired goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively engages with Business Partners to jointly develop and maintain technology delivery priorities and work with customers to obtain funding approvals as required through corporate capital planning processes.
- Act as primary liaison between customers and IT Operations, Infrastructure, Solution Support, Business Intelligence, Architecture and Project Management teams to support smooth delivery of projects and service requests.
- Collaborate with business Partners to understand and document business drivers, prioritization of initiatives requests and communicate this information effectively to the IT organizations.
- Coordinate early stage capital funding proposals involving IT, and work with customers to document cost estimates, benefits and risks for finance and executives review.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Project Managers to conduct handover of capital proposals that are approved for project delivery.
- Working with customers, identify gaps or problem areas for the business which may be addressed via technology or refinement of business process and propose options for resolution.
- Recognize opportunities to grow the relationships with the Business Partners through introduction of new technology, initiation of pilot programs, and coordination of the new product demonstrations, and assist business teams in setting plans for capital projects in the coming year.
- Act as customer intermediary to resolve issues or conflicts involving IT and manage escalations as required.
- Maintain, design, develop and deploy software solutions that meet the customer needs.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of a 4-year university degree in a related field or equivalent.
- A period of over eight years and up to and including ten years of related experience is required.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to influence and engage colleagues, along with a broad understanding of the businesses they support.
- Must be able to proactively collaborate across business and IT departments to achieve cross functional success on projects and initiatives of varying size and complexity.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical and technical staff of varying backgrounds.
- Experienced at developing web-based and windows applications.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server).
- Knowledge and experience with C# and .NET frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with source code version control systems.
- Must be persistent and determined to see issues to closure.
- A well-organized individual – must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be resilient, possess a positive attitude and be able to manage customer issues and escalations in a calm and supportive manner.
- Must be creative, detail oriented and capable of balancing the big picture with meeting the day-to-day needs of the organization.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, able to manage interactions at all levels of business.
- Must possess a passion for customer excellence.