We have a 12 month contract with our client who is a telecommunications service provider for a Senior IP Network Designer/Engineer that will be involved in projects which will have a focus on ISP IP core networks supporting ISP Wireline High Speed Internet and ISP Wireless services.
The successful candidate for this position will perform the role of a staff designer in area of engineering which includes LAN/WAN, L2 Switching, L3 IP Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP and Multicast), MPLS-VPN, Network Security/Firewall technology and other IP services.
- Plan, design and engineer changes on ISP IP core networks as required by network or product driven initiatives.
- Develop and produce suitable Network Design, Provisioning Plan, Capacity Model/Plan, and Facilities. Plan and support the defined services and products within the established architecture and security policies.
- Produce clear, well-crafted design project plans with specified tasks, milestones, and effort required against the desired service introduction and/or modifications to existing services.
- Develop, execute and document the necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems, as well as any new software versions (laboratory, network verification, operational readiness), and provide direction / support to Network Operations for Production deployment.
- Develop plans and criteria for a variety of engineering activities and seek opportunities to optimize networks
- Identify and devise new and novel approaches and methodologies relative to established guidelines to effectively manage technical, product, or business risks.
- Capacity management of one or more of the network components that constitute ISP IP core networks.
- Support operation teams in troubleshooting and restoration, root cause analysis. Participate in complex implementation activities as required by Operations
- Provide regular project status and issues for escalation.
- Minimum 7+ years of network design and support experience with a major Internet Service Provider (MSO or Telco).
- Previous experience in design/build and support of:
L2 Switching, Spanning-Tree, Data Center,
- L3 Routing including OSPF, IS-IS and BGP,
- MPLS and MPLS L2/L3 VPN,
- Traffic Engineering,
- Network Security and Firewall (Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX),
- IPSEC VPN,
- AAA, Syslog, DNS,
- Be familiar with Cisco and Juniper network equipment mainly on Juniper MX technology.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Highly adaptive and flexible to changing environments and priorities. Multitasking.
- Implement IP network changes via scripting.
- Knowledge of network management tools.
- Experience within Network Operations would be an asset.