Financial Services Director
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
We're passionate about serving seniorsâ¦are you? Now's your chance to build your administration career with us.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Manages the forecasting, analysis, and reconciliation of the annual budget process for assigned community(s).
* Incorporates corporate NOI expectations into budget planning. Identifies and discusses potential enhancements and obstacles in meeting expected numbers.
* Meets with Executive Director (ED) to discuss and resolve budget issues concerning departments' forecasting and planned spending. Presents issues and organizes meetings with ED and department heads to formulate analysis and confirm facts.
* Critically reviews capital expense requests (CER). Discusses justifications and priorities with department heads and Executive Director. Follows corporate purchasing guidelines and tracks approved capital spending. Finalizes numbers with ED and prepares Power Point presentation for Business Plan Review with guidance from ED. Provides justifications and effectively communicates needs.
* Monitors budget expenses throughout the year. Routinely distributes reports and meets with Department heads to discuss financial performance and ensure integrity of data. Reconciles plan variances. Provides solutions and suggests corrective financial and operational action to department heads and ED. Alerts ED regarding anticipated difficulties in meeting NOI targets. Obtains ED's directives regarding budget and operational changes and incorporates into budget.
* Submits monthly and quarterly food service, central supply, housekeeping inventory reports to corporate office. Routinely monitors inventories of supplies. Conducts cost/benefit analysis for current and proposed resources. Analyzes buy versus lease decisions equipment. Audits cash handling and purchasing/bid processes to ensure compliance, to assess credibility of vendors, and to conduct proper analysis of bids.
* Supervises Business Office staff and operations in the processing of payroll, invoices and receipt of payments from residents. Ensures that corporate policies and procedures relating to cash, accounting, collections, purchasing, budget and payroll are followed to maintain SOX compliance.
* Proactively manages DSO rates and follows collection procedures to obtain payments and reduce DSO. Reconciles resident accounts and informs ED regarding residents behind in fee payments. Reviews aging of accounts receivables and recommends bad debt write-offs.
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, management, business, or related field
* Minimum of three years of progressive accounting experience for an operations center within a large multi-facility corporation
* Additional two years of accounting experience that includes Medicare processing and rules and regulations
* Prior experience in the health care industry and professional certifications are preferred
* Prior supervisory experience is a plus
* Prior experience that includes extensive knowledge of the financial implications and the state insurance rules and regulations governing Entry Fee communities and similar arrangements
Brookdale is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,000+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country. That translates to lots of career opportunities for you! We offer independent living, assisted living, Memory Care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement, in-house therapy, hospice, home health, and personalized living.