Senior Counsel or Associate General Counsel, Operations & Ethics
The USOC is seeking a Senior Counsel or Associate General Counsel Operations and Director of Ethics (AGC
The Senior General Counsel or Associate General Counsel Operations and Director of Ethics (AGC) will assist or lead the provision of legal support for a range of day to day operations of the USOC including without limitation human resource, real estate, IT, compliance, and procurement matters. As Director of Ethics, the AGC will support the Ethics Officer in the administration of USOC ethics policies and procedures and the resolution of ethics matters.
Duties & Responsibilities: Associate General Counsel Operations
- Support USOC staff in operational matters, including without limitation drafting and negotiating vendor and supplier agreements, consulting and agency engagements, information technology agreements and waivers.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in connection with all business-related operational agreements for the US delegation’s presence at the Olympic, Paralympic and Pan American Games, e.g., “USA House” lease and build-out agreements, customs coordination, immigration matters.
- Provide legal support and guidance on real estate matters relating to USOC properties, including the two U.S. Olympic Training Centers, USOC offices, e.g., leases, licenses, land grants, condominium association work.
- Provide legal support and guidance regarding Human Resource related matters, including benefit plans, investigations, reorganizations, job eliminations, promotions, terminations, work eligibility, etc., including by drafting and negotiating agreements as needed, coordinating with outside counsel and supporting HR policy preparation.
- Ensure compliance across various USOC divisions and functions with health and privacy related laws and regulations, e.g., HIPAA, COPPA, state medical regulations, state and federal privacy protection measures.
- If and as requested by the General Counsel, provide support on other complex USOC issues, e.g., litigation matters, member matters, athlete issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with, and support the General Counsel on all legal matters and coordinate across USOC legal personnel to ensure that efficient and effective cross-divisional legal decisions are implemented
Director of Ethics
- Ensure USOC staff awareness of USOC policies and ethics program through outreach and training; evolve relevant USOC policies in response to changing laws or applicable regulations.
- Receive ethics claims and complaints from multiple sources, recommend courses of action to address and ensure that the proper follow up occurs on each claim or complaint.
- Assist the Ethics Officer in managing the USOC annual conflict of interest disclosure process.
- Assist the Ethics Officer in managing the USOC annual conflict of interest disclosure process.Assist the Ethics Officer in supporting the USOC Ethics Committee and its work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess a legal issue objectively, effectively summarize and translate issue for business personal
- Creative and collaborative problem solving ability
- Ability to work with direction from multiple sources
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong Customer service mindset
Work Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Assoc. General Counsel, Operations & Ethics Salary Range: $127,164 - $161,498
Senior Counsel, Salary Range: $104,618 - $132,865
Multi Tasking Expert Collaboration Expert Customer Service Expert Interpersonal skills Expert Written Communications Expert Oral Communications Expert
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Masters or better in Juris Doctor.
3-7 years:Prior exposure to intellectual property issues, university operations, sports or entertainment business is a plus.
3-7 years:Prior experience in several of the following areas preferred: human resources, real estate, employee relations, healthcare, data protection
3-7 years:of experience in corporate and transactional law, some substantial portion of which must involve direct handling of contract negotiation and drafting.
Licenses & Certifications