Management Associate - Portfolio Management
The primary function of the Management Associate is to support client relationships by providing day-to-day client service and support for one or more Portfolio Managers. The role is integral to delivering superior client service, strengthening relationships with internal and external partners, and the achievement of firm-wide initiatives. The position is intended for a career-oriented individual interested in expanding their ability to integrate investment and financial planning knowledge with relationship management skills.
- Serve as a client contact on accounts along with Portfolio Managers or Wealth Advisors.
- Identify issues, conduct research, and escalate ideas and possible solutions to the Relationship Managers.
- Maintain a high standard of verbal and written communications to ensure client contact and firm/team progress.
- As appropriate, participate in client meetings to help formulate account objectives, manage administrative items and identify issues.
- Attain depth and breadth of experience through a combination of various roles/assignments, the attainment of professional designations and/or internal recognition.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of our CRM, investment reporting and tranding systems.
- In compliance with regulatory policies and procedures, establish transaction requests including, but not limited to: disbursements, trades, transfers of cash or securities, etc.
- Take an engaged role in firm and department-wide initiatives and projects includingtechnology integration and client service initiatives.Responsibilitiesof the client service team include:
- Prepare and maintain client information in accordance with documentation retention practices and procedures utilizing the client relationship management (CRM) system and all otherrequiredtechnology platforms.
- Respond to client inquiries and coordinate communications with clients (including phone, postal mail, email, etc.).
- Establish trades, perform basic investment research, maintain adherence to client investment objectives and assist in client onboarding. Assist Portfolio Managers in the rebalancing of client portfolios in accordance with asset allocation objectives.
- Prepare appropriate reports for existing clients (investment reviews, account performance, asset allocation, cash flow, goals based investing reports, etc.).
- Develop a mastery level understanding of all Glenmede middle and back office functions, systems, processes and practices, including expertise in areas such as Relationship Support, Operations, Fiduciary Support, Information Technology, etc.
- Assist with firm compliance and regulatory reviews, including Reg 9 investment reviews.
- Participate in Monday Morning Meeting, Investment Policy Committee, and Manager Research Group meetings to expand business and investment knowledge.
- Review daily reports (transaction, overdraft, bond maturity) for possible investment actions.
- Open and close accounts and portfolios as directed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Two+ years’ experience in a financial, portfolio and/or wealth management role is preferred.
- Attainment or pursuit of an advanced degree or certification (CFA, CFP, CTFA, etc) is preferred.
- Detail-oriented, particularly with financial calculations.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-starter with a great deal of initiative.
- Must be able to prioritize and accomplish many tasks simultaneously and communicate deadlines.