The Application Support Analyst’s role is to deliver end user support of assigned applications and small project management related to assigned applications. This includes gathering and analyzing data to enhance or process end user requests. This individual will be patient with good communication, analytical and problem solving skills to gain an in depth understanding of applications utilized by the Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Strategy & Planning:
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Manage small projects related to applications such as new deployment or significant upgrades that affect numerous end users.
- Analyze, recommend, document and support implementation of critical processes surrounding assigned applications.
- Perform preventative application maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, etc.
- Act as a liason with external providers and contractors to gain needed information or solve problems.
- Develop and maintain security structure for assigned applications.
- Develop support documentation and train new users on new applications, enhancements or upgrades.
- Assist end users with design and development of reports related to assigned applications.
BachelorDegree in Computer Science or technical related field preferred.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
3-5 years IT systems related experience.
Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7 interoperability & functionality within an Active
Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Project Server, and SAP Business
Experience with Microsoft SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
Experience managing small projects or application installs/upgrades.
Knowledge and understanding of general business practices.
Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
Keen attention to detail.
Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Strong customer service orientation.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy and identify and distinguish colors. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources.