Eagle Ray is seeking an Engineer to support the USAID’s Engineering Management and Enterprise Architecture requirements. The Engineering Lead will provide technical and engineering oversight throughout the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from initial investigation, non-functional requirements gathering, and architecture/design, to testing, piloting, and deployment through the different stages of technology insertion and innovation.
The Engineer (Journeyman) shall support tasks necessary to maintain a consistent approach to management and reporting on USAID’s major system investments, consolidating services where possible, to increase efficiencies. Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Program Management services for minor Phoenix releases;
- Coordination of activities related to systems that interface with Phoenix;
- Communications with USAID offices, bureaus, and missions;
- System requirements and system solutions support;
- Organizational Change Management (OCM);
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) services;
- Developing and tracking Phoenix Steady State performance goals, measurements, and outcomes;
- Identifying and tracking risks and issues, and updating the Phoenix Steady State Risk Management Plan, as required;
- Supporting Inspector General (IG) audits related to the Phoenix System and related systems, including but not limited to, managing the FS response to audit questions, preparing necessary documentation or supporting evidence for audit requests, and delivering the requested information and response by the designated date;
- Developing and delivering briefing materials for the Phoenix sessions of the Information Technology Steering Subcommittee (ITSS) meetings based on risks, IG findings, performance goals, and provide Phoenix-related guidance for other meetings as required;
- Providing the USAID staff strategic/tactical advice and feedback related to Phoenix and related mixed financial systems;
- Managing the Financial Systems organizational change management activities including developing an Organizational Change Management Plan related to Phoenix initiatives;
- Coordinating the Phoenix staff actions/response to other USAID IT interfaces, and overseeing interface maintenance management as directed;
- Reviewing materials, work products, and deliverables related to Phoenix and making oral/written comments and recommendations to USAID leadership;
- Preparing an analysis of the cost impact related to merging the USAID Financial System with the Department of State (DoS) Financial System or related merging of financial operations;
- Creation of OMB Exhibit 300 inputs.
- Provide input and development of written and verbal project communications, and update and maintain a project repository of documentation;
- Assist the Division Chief in ensuring compliance with standards and plans for the Phoenix program;
- Provide compliance monitoring support of Phoenix and related systems in relation to federal requirements, standards, and guidelines;
- Update and maintain the Phoenix Contingency Plan as needed; c) Assist the Phoenix Information Security System Officer as a technical consultant in testing the Phoenix Disaster Recovery Plan;
- Update the Phoenix System Security Plan (SSP) to include minor changes to the environment, as needed;
- Adapt the SSP to meet new FISMA requirements as issued to map and validate the Agency’s financial system compliance;
- Assist the Phoenix Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in gathering technical information (from JFMS and Phoenix worldwide) to support FISMA reporting requirements;
- Assist the Phoenix ISSO in coordinating Phoenix - JFMSsecurityevent and security information sharing (to include technical responses to security issues) between the Phoenix ISSO, the Department of Statesecurity organizations, and the USAID ISSO;
- Assist the Phoenix ISSO in updatingsecurity policy for the domestic and Mission-based Phoenix user environments;
- Assist the Phoenix ISSO in conducting security reviews of current and pending interconnections (E2 Travel, Global Acquisitions and Acquisitions System (GLAAS), etc.) and impacts to the integrity of Phoenix;
- Manage Phoenix security-related audit activities between the CFO and the ISSO; k) Attend the Phoenix Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings at USAID facilities in the metropolitan Washington, DC area as a representative of the Phoenix ISSO to provide expert advice as appropriate;
- Attend the O&M CCB as a representative of Phoenix ISSO to better understand potential effects of infrastructure changes to agency financial systems;
- Maintain Phoenix and related systems System Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation;
- Provide services related to the new Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) web-based tool (a COTS solution from the Department of Justice) currently being deployed by the USAID ISSO and Chief Information Security Officer;
- Support Self-Assessment Reporting as defined by the Client;
- Prepare the USAID Self-Assessment annual review report using the new System Security Plan (SSP) based on Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) online interface and NIST SP 800-53;
- Support delivery of the Draft Final of all documentation to the Government Cognizant ISSO.
- 3-10 years of IT consulting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced training in Engineering, Computer Science or Information
- Secret clearance required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing and cloud spaced services including IaaS and SaaS
- Experience conducting securityAudits and producing security related governance documents
- Experience reviewing documents, processes and providing creative enhancements
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and on a direct client site
- Master’s Degree.
- CISSP, Security Plus
- ITIL Foundations V3 certification
- Familiar with:
- Agile Path Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM)
- Cloudera and Big Data appliances, including EMC, GreenPlum, and Netezza, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop
- Capacity and performance analysis, data collection and reporting for network, server and storage
- Enterprise System Monitoring solutions (monitoring and event management) for network, server, storage and security devices (firewalls) (focus on IBM Tivoli Monitoring, Solarwinds, OPNET)
- Enterprise database solutions (Oracle and Microsoft SQL)
- Infrastructureexperience with Data Center Operations, Network Admin, Server Operations, Mobile Device Management)
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender