Manager, Change Management
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
The mandate of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is to make project management a core competency at TD, reduce execution risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery by ensuring that core practices, capabilities and centres of excellence are in place across the Bank.
To effectively execute against the mandate, the EPMO has been functionally aligned into seven strategic pillars:
- Lead: End-to-end program delivery on select Major Initiatives on behalf of the Executive Sponsor in alignment with Enterprise Strategies.
- Engage: Provide Delivery Services on select Major Initiatives through established Centres of Excellence to improve delivery certainty.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead the overall EPMO strategy, develop Global Communications, Talent & Capability Strategies and manage EPMO Business Operations.
- Govern: Drive accountability through defined Enterprise Standards, Portfolio Governance and Executive Committee structure.
- Tools: Establish an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Platform and integrated Tools strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Agile Transformation (ATP): Define the Bank’s Enterprise Agile Methodology and Operating Model in collaboration with Technology and key control partners.
- PMO: Provide PMO services including Project Management and Portfolio Management to specific segments leveraging EPMO capabilities.
The Manager, Change Management will beresponsiblefor the development, execution and rollout of change management strategies and tactics for significant and transformational projects impacting TD Insurance.
The individual will work closely with project teams, business owners, business sponsors, business partners, and HR and will lead others directly or indirectly on change initiatives to ensure a positive employee experience.
- 5+ years of Change management experience within an agile environment is required
- Develop and execute change management strategies with measurable objectives
- Ensure the consistent application of a structured change management approach to process and people change issues related to the project
Provide a holistic view of change and determine the level of impact to the business
- Create and implement change management plans that maximize employee engagement and support a comprehensive, timely and virtually seamless transition/implementation within the program teams, while identifying and mitigating people-side risks and concerns
- Provide guidance to the project teams within the scope of change management methodologies
- Work with the project team and key internal business partners (Communications, Human Resources, Finance etc.) to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan, and ensure that all areas that are impacted are prepared for future state changes.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and oversee project change plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Create metrics to drive adoption and sustainment of change that link to the realization of project benefits; develop a measurement strategy for same
- Provide regular and ongoing status updates to Program Manager and Executive Sponsors, Program Working Committee
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
This role requires a leader with strong change management and communications skills, exceptional relationship building skills, and demonstrated problem solving and influencing capabilities. The successful incumbent will have a strong commitment to quality and accuracy as well as having demonstrated the ability to solve change management challenges with outcomes that positively impact projects.
- 5+ years of advanced knowledge of change management principles and application within an agile environment
- Strong leadership, impact and influence skills to effectively engage all stakeholders and recommend solutions to successfully implement change
- Proven track record of strong written and oral communication and relationship building skills with diverse business partners and stakeholders
- Experienced change agent, able to guide cross-functional teams through complex change from concept to execution
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify concerns, gauge gaps and recommend an optimal approach required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to balance changing priorities and sponsor needs
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across a complex, matrix environment