The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for participating in the month-end financial close process, preparing financial reporting and reconciliations, and providing financial and business analysis support to management and the various customers of the Finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of the accounting and reconciliation of various receivables, liabilities, revenues, and claims related to the billing activity of the company
- Compilation and presentation of consistent and accurate financial reporting to management and also non-financial audiences
- Management of the configuration, testing, and monitoring of transactions processed through financial systems used by the department
- Creation and management of critical business reporting tools and turning data into accurate and relevant information with limited direction
- Enhancement of process efficiency and accuracy through automation
- Assistance in supporting management and other departments through financial analysis and modeling
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Extensive knowledge of accounting systems, business analysis, and reporting tools
- Strong PC skills including a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and data mining software
- Self-motivated individual having the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet objectives in an environment of ambiguity
- Professional individual with a strong work ethic and is a demonstrated team player
- Proven ability to work well with external and internal customers
- Positive attitude and strong team orientation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and five to seven years of relevant professional experience. CPA is preferred, but not required. Prior supervisory experience is also preferred.
This position requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. In addition, the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is required.
This position requires proficiency in a variety of marketing and office applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite.
This positions requires advanced mathematical and statistical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial data and reports. The ability to apply such concepts to create reports and financial records and present them effectively is also required. Must be able to develop complex formulas to perform needed calculations and demonstrate how data was derived.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No additional certificates, licenses or registrations are required for this position.
The physical demands and working conditions of this position are similar to those found in a standard office environment. Employee may spend 4- 8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position.
Some travel may be required on an individual project basis. Travel may include overnight stay at the work location.