Coordinate a fluid team of software engineers assigned to triage, investigate and respond to customer inquiries and defects as part of the Software Development team for the Positive Train Control products. This position is a mix of coordination, metric collection and technical software skills.
- Coordinate a team of engineers to ensure customer reported issues are prioritized and triaged in a timely fashion to meet contractual obligations.
- Collect metrics on customer issues reported, resolved and outstanding. Present metric reports to management on a periodic basis.
- Meet weekly with customer technical personnel to convey issue status and to gather information and priorities.
- Develop expertise in the system requirements and functionality to be able to quickly diagnose issues and find root causes.
- Study trends and metrics to help identify long-term persistent issues and their solutions.
- Participate in Software Development Lifecycle activities like requirements, design and code reviews.
- Mentor junior level software engineers on triage processes and tool usage.
- Some minimal travel requirements to interface with customers support staff.
- BS in SoftwareEngineering/Computer Science/Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree is required with 5+ years of work experience
- A good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and its component processes.
- Leadership and organizational skills needed to keep a team on track and working on the right tasks
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings using a diverse set of tools (SQL, XML, Excel, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely, tailored to audience
- Ability to develop high level of credibility and strong positive relationships with customers and coworkers