Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
Epicor has a market-leading presence in software solutions for mid-market hardware and home centers, lumber and building materials, sporting goods, and other hardline products. The Director of Product Marketing for Retail will be a key leader in maintaining and growing that market share. The role has worldwide responsibility for developing and delivering successful go-to-market activities for our retail product lines. Leading a team of Product Marketers, the Director will analyze the target markets and adjacencies, discover and define market problems, develop differentiated messaging and positioning, and create compelling content that both drives demand for Epicor products and enables the sales organization to pitch and progress opportunities successfully. The Director and Product Marketing team will be deep experts on their industries and products, working across the Marketing organization to ensure collaboration and consistency across all delivery channels.
As a key member of the Epicor Marketing leadership team, the Director will be the key bridge to Product Management to ensure cross-functional readiness and commercial success of the products. S/he will serve as the voice of Epicor at company and industry events, charged with speaking with authenticity and depth to tell the story of how Epicor enables our customers’ business growth objectives and long-term success.
- Direct go-to-market strategy and investment decisions. Drive organic growth through the deployment of new, enhanced, and existing solutions across all geographies.
- Assimilate information from clients, company executives, sales team, client services, and industry sources to develop both short- and long-term market direction and go-to-market execution.
- Champion new customer acquisition and revenue/profit opportunities with existing customers to drive software revenue growth.
- Develop the market requirements, buyer personas, and segmentation definition necessary for product strategy and downstream marketing and field execution.
- Develop the positioning, messaging, content, and thought leadership necessary for brand awareness and demand generation
- Develop sales enablement content that prepares the sales organization to successfully find qualified buyers, identify their success outcomes, and compel them to an Epicor decision.
- Direct pricing strategy to match solution value and market conditions.
- Manage (in concert with internal partners) customer advisory boards, analyst, and alliance relationships.
- Identify and create best practices and processes that improve productivity across the Product Marketing team.
- Manage expenses with accountability to the annual operating plan and budget.
- Identify and build partnerships within the industry that contribute to the overall growth of the business.
- Develop a highly productive Product Marketing team through coaching and mentoring of existing staff and hiring of top-quality talent.
- Roll up your sleeves, entrepreneurial, get-it-done attitude
- Bachelor’s degree with graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in B2B software product marketing, with 3+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrable success growing the profitability and performance of large software portfolios
- Excellent relationship-building and management skills, both externally and internally
- Proven ability to build consensus and work collaboratively across functional teams and in matrixed resource models
- Proven leadership skills with a demonstrated track-record of recruiting and coaching high- performance teams
- Prior experience in retail systems is strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable in current technologies, with strong emphasis on mobile and cloud
- Strong, applicable references
- Ability to accept moderate business-related travel (10-25%)
- A proven track record of software solution go-to-market execution for a worldwide audience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: Ability to operate in a complex, global environment – influencing and gaining consensus on priorities and execution objectives
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills that emphasize story telling
- Ability to create compelling and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations, videos, and other visual assets
- Strong Excel skills for gathering, arranging, augmenting, and analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions and drive actions