The Weld Tech is responsible for the welding implementation and weld inspection hold points of the modules, including piping systems and structural components. Position will require involvement of overall welding activities as well as training, welderqualification, coordination and direct supervision of manual and automated welding activities. Will require lifting 40lbs, climbing stairs, ladders re-bar walls wearing a full body harness and work at heights. Daily overtime and weekend work when determined by management to meet project schedules.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
Experienced with specialized welding processes and post weld heat treat procedures.
Minimum 5 years experience as a journeyman welder.
Minimum 5 years experience as a welding supervisor with an extensive background in orbital and automated welding and pipe machining equipment and processes.
Welding experience with SMAW, manual and machine GTAW, and semi-automatic FCAW and GMAW processes.
Experienced with the adherence to and use of, ASME and AWS welding codes, procedures and welding symbols.
Other Job Requirements
- CWI is required.
• Proven ability promoting outstanding customer service and client relations
• Excellent skills in interpersonal relations, conflict resolution
• Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and electronic presentation programs
• Functional proficiency in project controls, human relations, industrial relations, and contract management as it applicable to assigned area of responsibility
• Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills