Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, assess application and technical requirements while using effective analysis techniques. Then, using those requirements, configure the environments that solve the business problems. Also, as a serviced product, keep the business tool operating within expected SLAs and provide management visibility to issues, resolution and requested enhancements. Position works with Service Desk, business managers, technologists and otherdevelopers to help build and deliver business solutions. The position’s focus is supporting multiple laboratory settings at different locations around the globe. You are often required to solve various tool and technology issues, sometimes across ambiguous platforms, in order to create a total solution that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Person should possess a good propensity to learn new technology and tools quickly and effectively and communicate those solutions to IT leadership. Candidate should demonstrate an understanding of program logic, process flow and software enablement.
- Review existing Laboratory Information Management System Tool (LIMS) and understand current state of production environments, processes and methods.
- Upon understanding the tool, utilize learned methods for controlling change to the existing environment.
- Evaluate and/or update application product documentation.
- Develop knowledge of support requirements, SLAs and enhancement requests for all versions of current and future deployed LIMS
- Inventory, maintain, and document all customized configurations of laboratory processes.
- Assist in evaluation of application requests or enhancements.
- Provide configuration and/or coding support for LIMS tool products.
- Analyze, review, and report on various industry technologies that might enable or leverage business improvement in the area of Laboratory Management.
- Analyzes system requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, configuring, testing, debugging and documenting.
- Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
- Supports the identification of system requirements by interviewing users, interviewing and selecting vendors (if applicable), analyzing applications, evaluating existing and proposed systems, and recommending solutions.
- Independently analyzes and isolates application issues and performs problem resolution.
- Monitors progress of software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends and implementing solutions.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Ability to understand business process and application tools.
- Good understanding of data, data gathering, analytics and table/row analysis.
- Strong Microsoft product experience.
- Knowledge of Intel Server infrastructure, configuration, and service components (IIS, Active Directory, Windows Server).
- Knowledge of a database management platforms is a plus (MS-SQL, Oracle).
- Conceptual knowledge of laboratory process and equipment integration including LIMS.
- Ability to learn user interface and workflow configuration.
- Perform software and software tool configuration and deployment.
- Develop understanding of the analysis to integrate data into tool sets.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineeringpreferred.
Knowledge of applicable IT programs and technology.
Job ID 2017-6971