Graphics Project Manager - Customer Service
Position Summary: Under the leadership of the Commercial Manager or Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for collaborating with several groups of individuals to ensure the efficient and effective coordination of artwork, tooling, briefs, quotes and schedules for customers with whom they are responsible.
· Serve as the first point of contact for all incoming artwork for assigned customers.
· Enter orders into the ZEN system and ensure all project workflow and production data is entered into the Zen system and/or any other system as required by the customer.
· Review font, text and images on incoming artwork files, and determine fit for use.
· Complete preflight checklist for all incoming artwork to ensure Artists have all required items.
· Developmental Activities:
Facilitate the Preflight meetings.
· Provide feedback to and update customers on any given project.
- Serve as the single point of contact for customers and Trident.
· Schedule Artists, PPM, QA and manufacturing resources to achieve customer requested timing.
· Coordinate the release of files, cylinders or plates; communicating dates and timeline to customer. Schedule deliveries as required.
· Coordinate and communicate any schedule changes.
- Compile all customer/printer paperwork, color target(s), content targets and color standards for Step & Repeat and Proofing departments.
- Responsible for all cylinder composite color approvals and final cylinder composite QC checks for all Trident Charlotte Rotogravure accounts.
- Coordinate all Customer cylinder proof approval reviews and shipments.
- Coordinate all cylinder shipments for all Trident Charlotte Rotogravure accounts.
- Create monthly reports for customers/Trident internal sales.
· Developmental Activities:
Understand/determine manufacturing specifications (flexo and gravure) to accurately reproduce the approved artwork.
Serve as the “common sense” check before delivery to customer/printer.
Provide support to Sales team, CSRs, artist and admin teams.
· Prepare and submit quotes and invoices.
· Provide KPI data to the team.
· Developmental Activities:
Ensuring AR is within corporate guidance.
Issues purchase orders.
Report new project opportunities to sales/management.
· Support and contribute to the safety and health of Sonoco Trident and its employees through active participation in safety activities and completing required safety training.
· Follow company protocols, policies and goals while acting on opportunities to optimize the efficiency of the department.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Customer Advocacy – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; receives information and uses it for improvements in the process and communications; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect; acts with the customer in mind.
· Communication - is able to write and present ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; communicates with customers both internal and external so all are aware of project expectations; tailors communication to meet individual’s subject knowledge.
· Project Management – accurately reviews length and difficulty of projects and tasks; sets objectives and goals; defines and takes necessary process steps, develops timeline; communicates assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
· Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time of others; manages multiple priorities by concentrating efforts on important priorities; manages broad range of activities and responsibilities; timely distribution of relevant information in a clear and concise manner.
· Influence - develops and uses subtle strategies to influence others; works to make others feel ownership in one’s own solutions; develops and effectively uses relationships to accomplish required tasks.
· Problem Solving - uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious.
· Organizing – marshals resources (people, material, support) to get things accomplished; handles multiple activities at once to accomplish goals; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner and in compliance with organizational standards.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum of three years of experience in graphics.
· Well organized and able to prioritize, multi task and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision.
· General understanding of the printing processes.
· Full understanding of job functions and processes for artwork creation and separation, workflow, quality, graphics proofing and print tooling manufacture (if appropriate).
· Proficient knowledge of Apple OS environment, Adobe Suite software and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
· Complete all work following Sonoco Trident’s four guiding principles:
Don’t let down a colleague, do something to help.
Don’t let down a customer, do something to impress.
Don’t tolerate inefficiency, make noise about it.
Don’t take a risk with safety.
· To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled time.
· To set an example consistent with the position held within the company.
· To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
· To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the position.
· To actively support the decisions and policies of the company and its management.
· To treat people fairly, equally and with respect and to settle for no less in return.
· To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the highest degree of personal integrity.
· To communicate the right information, to the appropriate people, in an effective and timely manner.
· To maintain an appearance consistent with the position held.
· To actively expand personal knowledge of the business and related areas as they pertain to this role within the organization, encouraging others to do the same.
· To take “pride” in the company and help make it a success.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.