Who We Are
ImmunoGen is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that develops targeted cancer therapeutics using its proprietary antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology. ImmunoGen’s lead product candidate, mirvetuximab soravtansine, is being advanced to a Phase 3 trial for FRα-positive platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, and is in Phase 1b/2 testing in combination regimens for earlier-stage disease. ImmunoGen’s ADC technology is used in Roche's marketed product, Kadcyla, in three other clinical-stage ImmunoGen product candidates, and in programs in development by partners Amgen, Bayer, Biotest, CytomX, Lilly, Novartis, Sanofi and Takeda. More information about ImmunoGen can be found at www.immunogen.com.
ImmunoGen is seeking an innovative scientist with modern synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry experience to design, synthesize, and develop highly bioactive compounds leading to potent, target-selective anti-tumor drugs. The responsibilities will include designing and implementing scientific research; methodological development and optimization; analyzing and interpreting scientific data and results; planning and executing procedures for defined projects including timelines and milestones; strong organizational, communication skills, collaborating with other scientists, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Contribute to the design, prioritization, and synthesis of highly bioactive payloads and linkers for preparation of Antibody-Drug Conjugates.
- Scale up of key intermediates and payloads to provide adequate supply as well as optimizing the synthetic process towards development.
- Contribute within a multi-disciplinary team, including chemistry, biology, biochemistry and pharmacology to identify new structures, prioritization and critical experiments for program advancement.
- Work independently and collaboratively across all disciplines within the company and at partner CROs/collaborators. Understand the requirements across all portfolio projects and work with team members to deliver against aggressive timelines.
- Maintaining the highest of professional standards for laboratory safety and record keeping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise & accurate manner and present results at team meetings.
Who You Are
- Ph.D. in Chemistry and a minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral or industrialexperience
- Demonstrated excellence of leadership and collaboration with colleagues in the development of a project towards decision making goals
- Experience in natural product/total synthesis with demonstrated impact on drug discoverycampaigns highly desirable
- Interested in the design and synthesis of challenging clinically relevant molecules through a highly collaborative team approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work and communicate well within a multi-disciplinary team
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude with respect to out-of-box thinking, multitasking and willingness to learn
- Excellent writing and verbal communication; strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills