Date: Oct 3, 2017
Location: Peachtree City, GA, US
Requisition ID: 69701
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
• Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
• Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
• Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected inCompany’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
• Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• At least five years’ experience in the construction industry, with at least three years in a supervisory role.
• Previous knowledge/experience in large infrastructure projects is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents,
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.