The Schneider organization is looking for a dynamic Warehouse Operations Manager for our Logistics division. In this role, you will have direct accountability for achieving operational excellence in a very large, fast-paced warehouse and/or crossdock environment. The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering and executing short term plans to achieve operational and business goals, as well as planning and delivering strategic business objectives. The Operations Manager is responsible for mentoring, developing, and coaching Warehouse Supervisors to improve leadership strength and assist their direct reports in achieving career growth. The exposure you receive through this position provides you a gateway to a career of interesting challenges, celebrated victories and limitless opportunities.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Medical, dental, prescription drug coverage, vision insurance, plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience and working knowledge of warehouse safety principles and philosophy
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership role, preferably leading/managing front line leaders
- Minimum five years demonstrated work history in a logistics and warehousing environment with overall knowledge of warehousing, storage, cross-docking and supply principles
- Ability to create a high powered Team environment to drive business success
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Sense of urgency, creativity and a flexible approach to running the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge or experience maintaining monthly budgets/ P & L.
- Must be very proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Must be forward looking to analyze opportunities to deliver continuous improvement
- Must be flexible with working hours – ability to work any shift, including swing shifts as needed
- Able to plan, organize, coordinate and oversee the warehouse operations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy – knows how to run very tight processes
- Work in a fast paced work environment with constant interruptions and changes to production schedules.