Supervises, trains, and mentors process engineering team members in the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and safety and quality standards; recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised composite products.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and guidance to less senior process engineers and technicians.
- Lead cross-functional teams and projects; guide others in resolving complex issues in specialized area.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, timelines, budgts, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with sales, planning, and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
- Design, develop, test, and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for safety improvements, cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that subordinates are aware of and comply with company, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- B.S. degree in related engineering discipline and 5-10 years related experience required, including wind blade composite or other composite experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- CAD/CAM proficiency.
- CNC machine programming.
- Experience with AutoCAD, ProE, Virtual Gibbs or similar programs.
- Machine tooling, design, molding.
- Computer proficiency.
- Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple projects from inception to implementation.
- Quality-oriented and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Ability to maintain safe work environment.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.