Lead Development Product Owner
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Purpose of Job
The individual filling this position will be an Agile Development Product Owner (DPO) working in the Risk Management space as part of the Risk Decision Engine Strategic Replatform Program for USAA Bank. This effort will effectively rebuild the vast bulk of the risk decisioning environment to be an industry best-in-class system.
This job represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team`s work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Development Product Owner for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
- Works independently on highly complex efforts to include multi-year journeys involving multiple teams, across programs/portfolios and can consistently leads and provides oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Incumbents consistently demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in the application and search for new solutions or evaluation of intangibles in order to resolve highly complex and unique issues. Incumbents effectively evaluate and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise expert judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results. In addition, incumbents are thought leaders for their business and technology teams, and assist management with the delegation of work assignments.
- Serve as an expert across multiple business or system domains; is expected to lead development across multiple teams at the program and portfolio level.
- Identify, engage, influence and lead business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy and lead shaping the vision and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assist with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree. Four additional years of equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight plus years of experience in business and/or project delivery
- Expert knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
- Working knowledge of Change Management practices
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Seven plus years of experience delivering projects/initiatives
- Five plus years working projects in the Risk Management space
- Five plus years working projects in Bank Infrastructure, Data, and/or Modeling environments
- Five plus years experience communicating and verbally presenting to executive management
- Business Management and Change Management training
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Professional
- Demonstrated ability using six sigma Process Engineering methodologies
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Job Number: R0013471