As a member of the Natus Neurology Project Management Office (PMO) the Senior Manager, Program Management will be responsible for planning and executing key offshore development projects to deliver Medical Device hardware and software products on schedule, within budget, and with high quality. The Senior Manager will lead global cross-functional project core teams, interface with and support offshore development partners, remain in close contact with key stakeholders, and provide timely updates and communications on all aspects of project status and performance.
Location: Middleton, WI
In this job you will:
• Drive engineering development projects involving a high degree of cross-functional coordination and problem solving
• Oversee and coordinate product development projects utilizing both global internal resources and offshore partners
• Create and direct detailed project schedules, resources, and budgets from conception to market launch
• Act as interface and liaison with offshore partners
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
• Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, resourcing, and budget
• Measure and report project status using appropriate tools, techniques and metrics
• Manage stakeholder interactions and expectations
• Report and escalate to management potential issues and risks as needed
• Proactively anticipate, identify, and mitigate risk areas
• Ensure product development follows the corporate design control process, complies with applicable cross-functional and compliance standards, and meets all regulatory requirements
• Create/manage project documentation and maintain project Design History Files
• Lead cross-functional project teams, oversee activities of team members executing project tasks, and coordinate development activities between departments
• Ensure requirements are communicated and understood, and implementation responsibilities are assigned to appropriate individuals.
• Hold regular meetings to ensure team members communicate effectively and all project risks across the cross-functional team are identified in a timely fashion.
• Assist Regulatory Affairs by coordinating engineering efforts needed to support product submissions, license applications, etc.
• Participate in Corrective and Preventative Action activities as needed
• Participate in implementation of PMO process improvement projects
• Global travelrequired up to 30%.
• BS in Engineering or other technical field
• 5+ years experience Medical Device project management using proper design control QMS processes
• 10+ years experience Medical Device product development and engineering of complex hardware and software systems
• Certification or formal training in project management
• Experience in managing complex projects across a global organization
• Track record of delivering projects on time within a matrix organizational structure
• Demonstrated strong interaction and communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent planning and documentation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent problems of diverse scope with diverse project teams
• Works independently, is self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects.
• Strong proficiency in Office applications skills.
• Must be a team player, possess good listening skills, and easily learn new skills and concepts.
• Advanced degree or MBA
• Extensive experience managing projects with offshore partners.