This position is supporting the Western Region Project Portfolio Manager for Administrative and Infrastructure projects. No direct reports, but indirectly manages dedicated contract staff of up to 5-10 service partner project managers and accountants as well as other third party contracts and contractors.
- 35% Effectively oversee MUFG’s build out of a new regional campus in Tempe, AZ. Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the look & feel, design standards, block & stack plans, architectural layouts/schematics, and detailed construction plans that will support a major expansion in this geographic area. Develop design concepts that will provide MUFG with a major competitive advantage in acquiring and retaining the appropriate personnel/talent within the market. Work with outsourced service provider and vendors to deliver the program per the defined program plan.
- 20% Support the Bank’s new Geographic Location Strategy as the Design and Construction Program Manager. Implement a programmatic approach to execution of all capital projects underneath the program. Collect requirements from the CRE Strategy Team and define the program business justification, program benefits, strategic alignment, and high level scope, schedule, and budget. Identify potential synergies between different projects within the program to optimize efficiency and execute on time and on budget.
- 20% Ensure effective communication and integration across all CRE functions and with all internal and external customers and suppliers. Work with partners in Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Security, Information Technology, Business Continuity, Contracts & Sourcing, and other lines of business to define the work breakdown structure for the programs and monitor progress of all work streams against stated objectives. Provide regular status reporting to executives and stakeholders.
- 10% Support the Bank’s major infrastructure programs within the geographic region, including the Lifecycle Asset Management Program, Data Center Strategy, Security Remediation Program, and Business Continuity upgrades. Collect requirements from CRE Facilities Management and other CRE partners and oversee execution per the requirements.
- 10% Bundle related projects to achieve benefits not available by managing projects individually. Identify and implement procurement opportunities for the program that achieve efficiencies and cost savings through economies of scale. Leverage resources to achieve benefits of bundling.
- 5% Monitor service partner execution against established KPIs and SLAs.
- BA or BS degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management is strongly preferred. LEED and PMP certifications are a plus.
- 7 -10 years of design, construction, and project management experience at progressive levels of responsibility, preferably within a financial services/retail organization and/or real estate services provider firm. Demonstrated experience in managing outsourced service providers.
- Proven experience working with architects to develop architectural design concepts for tenant improvement projects, including overall look & feel, block & stack plans, layouts/schematics, and design standards. Familiarity with implementing and improving existing corporate design standards.
- Basic understanding of building systems and critical environments. Proven record of design and construction of technical projects with substantial scope in new and existing building’s mechanical systems, electrical distribution, life safety and fire protection, waterproofing and roofing, and environmental compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and contribute to business objectives and strategy, to identify opportunities and risks, and to recognize impact on both client and service provider deliverables.
- Comprehensive understanding of technical principles and requirements of construction management and project management risks and opportunities.
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate, and manage teams of external personnel.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with various internal business partners on the execution of complex real estate programs, including Information Technology (IT), Security, Business Continuity, Third Party Risk Management, Contracts Management and Sourcing, and Compliance.
- Requisition #: 10013286-WD