ZOLL Medical's recent growth of being an innovative-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives along with anticipated new project/product development awards, has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced, results oriented ElectricalEngineering Manager. Do you have the strengths and experience to successfully manage, develop and motivate an expanding electricalengineering department? Your group will provide the electricalengineering resources to form multi-disciplined Electro, Mechanical, Design Quality and Software project development teams. Your challenge will be to plan, mentor and ensure that your department can provide the needed skill sets and resources to support the development of the latest medical devices within resuscitation and acute critical care. As the ElectricalEngineering Manager, you will partner with the Director of ElectricalEngineering to coordinate task assignments of the electricalengineering staff with the various development and sustaining projects within the R&D Department.
The successful candidate must have management and development experience within a highly regulated technical environment such as medical devices within the following areas:
Partner with multiple project Directors and Managers of Software, Mechanical, and Design Quality groups to assess resource needs and recommend assignments.
- Meet with individual engineers to track assignments and progress, provide technical mentoring, assist in career development, coordinate training, track and administer time-off requests, and contribute to performance reviews.
- Conduct budget/expenditure planning and tracking, logistics support, vendor interaction, and departmental improvements.
- Cross functional interdepartmental support to include; Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Service, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Review technical specifications, design documentation, and test reports that support electrical designs.
- Be responsible for tactical planning and matching of resources to assignments.
- Review manufacturing and customer issues to plan and prioritize technical responses.
- Provide logistical support for the R&D department, including managing lab test equipment, SOP application, IT support, vendor management, shipping assistance and general office management.
- Some travel, 10 to 15% will be required, including interacting with other corporate offices, customers, vendors, and test facilities.
- BS ElectricalEngineering with 7+ years of development and 3+ years of leadership experience on an electricalengineering team.
- Technical experience and expertise across the spectrum of electricalengineering, including analog and digital design, PCB development, communication protocols, and EMC.
- Proven application of debugging techniques.
- Development experience in a regulated industry setting, including the ability to interpret and applyinternational safety and performance standards (e.g., IEC 60601, FCC, and IPC).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.